Make an appointment with
Dr. Bindu Menon
Time : 10:00am to 03:00pm
Consultant Gynecologist & Obstetrician
She completed her MBBS in April 1994 from AIMS, Bellur, Karnataka, Mysore University and cleared her DGO in December 2000 from JNMC, Wardha. She became Fellow of Indian College of Maternal & Child Health, NARCHI , Kolkatta in the year 2015.
Degrees and Education
MBBS, DGO, FICMCH
Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Being a tertiary care hospital, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, OCHRI manages high risk obstetrics & Gynecology cases apart from normal ones. Dr.Bindu Marar is associated with this Unit since 01.01.2001. Most of the complicated critical OBGY cases related to Obstetrics & Gynecology are referred here from in and around Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh in view of the Critical care, Blood storage Unit, state of art Diagnostics and advanced paraphernalia like Laparoscopy unit, Colposcope, Hysteroscopy, Automated labor chair etc along with full time round the clock Institutional like expertise coverage.
- Moreover OBGY department nurtures a 3 tier hierarchical order of doctors wherein comprehensive round the clock expert care is assured to incoming needy patients. Apart from conventional Obstetrics, extensive management of all Gynecological malignancies is provided here. Having an allied Interventional Surgery Unit, Mammography unit, Oncology Division, Onco-Surgery Division, Vascular Surgery Unit, Critical Care Unit, Cath Lab, Neonatal Intensive care Unit , CT Scan & Ultrasonography, Central Laboratory, Pediatrics division in same campus is an added factor which gives confidence to all doctors to refer their OBGY patients to OCHRI. Presently only OCHRI boasts of such comprehensive OBGY unit backed by such extensive allied divisions in one campus.
- She has participated in ‘Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative Workshop’ , ‘Lactational Management Training program’ , ‘ Child Survival and Safe Motherhood (CSSM)’ Workshop, ‘Adolescent Health’ Workshop, ‘Reproductive & Child Health Care Workshop’, “ Minimal Invasive Surgery workshop along with many CME’s & Conferences as Member of NOGS & FOGSI.
- She is approved as a MTP (Abortion) Specialist in Nagpur Municipal Corporation endorsed MTP centre based at OCHRI.
- Indian College of Maternal & Child Health, NARCHI, Kolkatta has granted recognition to OBGY Unit, OCHRI as a teaching unit and endorsed Dr.Bindu Marar as faculty member. Furthermore, National Board of Examination has recognized OCHRI as centre for DNB (Family Medicine) wherein OBGY is also included in the postings.
- She conducts regular OPD, ANC Clinic, Colposcopy clinic, Hysteroscopy clinic, Well Women Clinic, Family Planning Clinic, and Infertility Clinic at OCHRI.
- A sense of empathy, team spirit, understanding and caring outlook has gained an immense goodwill for Obstetrics & Gynecology division of OCHRI under full time stewardship of Dr.Bindu Marar.