Make an appointment with
Dr. Avinash Pophali
Specialist Department of Haematology and Medical Oncologist & BMT Consultant
- MBBS, MD (Nagpur University)
- MS Haematology (London University, UK)
- Diploma in Medical Oncology (Newcastle University, UK)
- Specialist Certification in Transfusion Medicine (BBTS, UK)
- Specialist Certification in Stem Cell Transplantation (BBTS, UK)
- European Certification in Medical Oncology (ESMO, Switzerland)
Degrees and Education
MBBS, MD, MS (Haematology), Diploma In Medical Oncology, Specialist Certification in Transfusion Medicine, Specialist Certification in Stem Cell Transplantation and European Certification in Medical Oncology.
Haematology and Medical Oncology
- 30 years in the field including at places like Hammersmith Hospital London, Northern Centre for Cancer Care, Newcastle-upon-Tyne,UK, King Fahad Specialist Hospital, Saudi Arabia & Apollo Specialty Hospital, Chennai.
- Presently owner of Central India Institute of Haematology and Oncology (CIIHO) in Nagpur, a unique 50 bedded superspeciality hospital of the region for blood diseases, blood cancers and solid tumours management.
- Writer of 13 chapters in haematology/oncology books and international papers.
- Speaker at many national and state level conferences.
- Organizing Secretary of 14th Annual National Conference Of Pediatric Haematology-Oncology (PHO) Chapter of IAP in Nagpur in November 2010 and 1st National CME on Bone Marrow Transplantation in June 2011 and 2nd National CME on Case Based Haematology for Practitioners in January 2015.
- Performed five Bone Marrow Transplants in patients of Multiple Myeloma successfully in recent years. These were the first ever Bone Marrow Transplants of Central India.