CM chairs meeting of VHA doctors
A meeting of Nagpur doctors under aegis of VHA was recently held in Conference hall, Ramgiri which was chaired by Hon’ble Shri.Devendraji Fadnavis, Chief Minister- Maharashtra. In this meeting Hon’ble Shri.Pravinji Datke, Mayor and Shri. Shravan Hardikar, IAS, Municipal Commissioner highlighted NMC’s Orange City Street project wherein then have earmarked dedicated sector for health hub. It was conveyed that all statutory norm compliant infrastructure as per design of Hafeez Contractor and built by L&T will be made wherein the interiors can be designed as per choice of health care service providers who would be keen to establish themselves in this sector. Even Metro route will be linked to this health hub which is proposed between Khamla end to Trimurti nagar end of Orange City Street. Vidarbha Hospital Association commended the efforts of State government wherein they offered first preference to Nagpur based health care service providers who render 80% of health care delivery to public. Lot of interest was shown by Nagpur hospitals and shortly a visual walk through will be shown at Commissioner Office for benefit of all Nagpur health service providers,
Dr.Sameer Paltewar, Treasurer-VHA had convened this meeting wherein VHA members led by Dr.Uday Mahorkar Dr.Anup Marar, Dr.Ashok Arbat, Dr.Jay Deshmukh, Dr.Chandrashekar Meshram, Dr.Shrkant Mukewar, Dr.Avinash Pophali, Dr.Aziz Khan, Dr.Unmesh Mahajan, Dr.Alok Umre, Dr.Amol Mahajan, Dr.Rajan Barokar, Dr. Deepak Deshmukh, Dr.Pinak Dande, Dr. Shantanu Sengupta and Dr. Jitendra Hazare attended this interactive meeting. Shri. Milind Sohoni, NMC Health Consultant coordinated this undertaking. Dr.K.Sonpure, OSD (Health), CMO Office and MMC elected member from Nagpur Dr.Anil Ladhad were prominently present in the meeting. VHA had also invited IMA representatives to partake in this discussion. IMA- Nagpur was represented by Dr.Avinash Wase, Dr.Prakash Deo, Dr.Khush Jhunjhunwala and Dr.Y.S.Deshande.
VHA also handed over a representation to Hon’ble CM highlighting following 5 crucial issues affecting health care service providers.
1. No rules may be enforced on retrospective basis.
2. A uniform single window checklist system in all municipal corporation/ municipalities/ Panchayats should be made applicable to assist doctors who are keen to set up their establishments in state of Maharashtra.
3. No commercial or advance taxes be it NMC, water or electricity may be imposed on private health care serve providers.
4. A realistic review of the tariff, terms and conditions of various government schemes to be done so that many genuine ethical players can join hands with government.
5. All those vandalise hospital property and mobsters who manhandle doctors and hospital staff members should be booked and arrested under all applicable relevant acts along with Maharashtra Medicare service, persons and Medicare Institutions act 2010 and the same should be duly publicised by Police authorities for public awareness.